Supporting Children To Believe In Themselves
The 'Why' Behind
You are likely to trust people with your children more when you understand WHY they do what they do.
We believe it is important that young people are equipped with the skills, abilities and self-belief to work through any struggles they encounter, with a sense of hope and possibility.
We aim to empower them with a strong foundation of self-confidence and personal leadership and then support them to build on this through drawing the very best out of their educational experience.
We know that being successful in life and at school requires practical academic skills that are tailored to match each child’s learning style, combined with self-confidence, inspiration and an understanding of and respect for our environment. Our aim is to assist them to develop a solid foundation of self-belief and self-leadership today, upon which they can build well into the future.
We also know that young people need to be given opportunities to become global citizens, leaders of a new way of living, working and doing business and they need to be empowered to utilise their unique strengths, skills and capacities to create the life they choose.
Richard Branson talks about the “next great frontier where boundaries between work and higher purpose are merging into one”. We believe it is important for our young people not only to be successful at school, but also to have a strong sense of who they are and what they stand for. It is our aim to support young people to create their own version of their very best life, whatever that looks like to them.
Creating Tomorrow's Leaders
True leadership begins with a journey into the self
The programme provides personal leadership, academic acceleration and
environmental awareness to children aged 10 to 18.
Delivered as an adventure based camp experience in school holidays, the program me runs in two forms – Senior Forum, over 10 days in the April holidays for children 14 to 18 years and Junior Forum, over 7 days in the September holidays for children aged 10 to 14 years.
These programmes are also delivered directly into schools as “place based” programmes upon request.
Hear it from the participants…
What’s taught at Green SuperCamp® Australia?
Green SuperCamp Australia is the signature programme of The Elevation Company’s service to children and families.
- personal leadership, so young people can discover their own natural and unique leadership and take responsibility for their own choices and actions – creating leaders in the world, the community or even just their own lives
- the world’s leading academic acceleration techniques, through the Quantum Learning® framework, tailored to each individual’s learning style and needs
- efficiency in reading, writing, thinking, speaking, memory recall and note-taking – helping every graduate to make school easier and more effective
- life skills, including communication, leadership, conflict resolution and relationship building skills – giving graduates courage and confidence in who they are
- strategies that focus on deepening the positive connection between parents and children, where all can work together to create belonging and foster self-worth and shared development
- an understanding of and respect for the importance of environment and an appreciation for what we can do at an individual, community and global level to ensure the protection and growth of our natural environment.
In 2013 I sent my 12 year old son to Green SuperCamp Australia.
He left NZ unsure of whom he was, what he wanted, where he sat and was frustrated with schooling. He came back more at ease. The impact was intangible yet definite.
No one thing had changed yet all of him had. His internal compass had stopped wavering and he was now on a road, a great road and one he had chosen. I couldn’t have asked for more, especially within one week!!
We couldn’t afford private school, yet Green SuperCamp gave him something no curriculum provider could. He has attended every year since. I trusted my instincts as a mother and am so pleased I did!Mother
Support That Works
There are multiple ways in which we can support young people to develop a strong sense of who they are and encourage their mental, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing
The research tells us very clearly that the number one thing that matters to young people, within family, school and the community, is ENGAGEMENT.
When young people feel engaged and have a sense that people are interested in them and what matters to them, they flourish.
For this reason, we place a great deal of importance on providing a wide range of services to young people and their families that increase engagement, effective communication, problem solving and life-long learning.
GoodVibe Youth Mentoring is a combination of one-to-one and group mentoring, assisting young people (and their families) to overcome issues or struggles that prevent them from effectively navigating through their teenage years. The programme is delivered by webinar and alternative communication mediums, to ensure it is accessible to young people all over the country. The sense of a shared experience and taking the journey with others who can support and understand, is crucial to the success of this programme.
GoodVibe Youth Leadership is a personal growth and leadership development programme inspiring confidence and self-esteem for children aged 12 to 18. The programme runs in partnership with several schools in Victoria and operates from the school facility in the “after school” time slot. It is fundamentally a personal growth and leadership programme, inspiring confidence and self-esteem in young people. The programme also draws on the resources and expertise of members of the local community, who contribute to the programme, in order to build the sense of belonging, connection and regard for young people.
Creating the greatest possible ripple effect can be achieved by working with those who work with children
Professional development is provided for teachers and school staff, offering the most up-to-date and innovative educational practices, which strengthens their capacity to engage children, meet children’s individual learning needs and promote a thirst for life-long learning.
Our Professional Development programmes, which are tailored for the unique context of each school or region, can be delivered as a component of an annual Professional Development Plan or we can create the entire year’s PD curriculum to ensure each delivery session builds on the previous session, toward achievement of specific developmental goals.
If you don’t believe me then trust the kids. One word synopsis of camp quotes:
“inspiring, life-changing, phenomenal, exhilarating, interactive, educational”
Other quotes from my students:
“ I felt loved, like I was with my family. I was friends with everyone”
“I felt more confident at camp. I was more open and social than I had been before.”
“I learnt how I learn best.”
“I feel more confident now. I know how to treat people. I think it will be easier to get through life.”
Undergraduate Education is a service provided in partnership with Tertiary Education providers (such as La Trobe University and Deakin University), to build the capacity of undergraduate student teachers to effectively engage young people, and apply their theoretical knowledge in a practical environment.
We work with the tertiary institutions to deliver training within their curriculum, as well as hosting under graduate and post graduate students on placement.
The School Partnership Programme is an opportunity for your school to work in partnership with Green SuperCamp® Australia to greatly benefit your students, teaching staff and school community.
As an educator we know you are committed to helping young people to learn, grow and become empowered. We know that as well as supporting students to get the very best out of their educational experience, you also aim to equip them with life skills, self-confidence and personal leadership skills.
We also know however, that it is becoming increasingly difficult for you to respond to the unique individual requirements of each student within the context of a classroom, where often there’s pressure to do more with less….and get better results! That’s where we can work together in partnership to help your young people accelerate their learning and development and to build the strength of your school community.
Becoming a Green SuperCamp® Australia Partner offers many benefits to your school. These include:
- School-based presentations to students, teachers and/or parents (in person or via webinar, as negotiated)
- Priority access to the registration process for students of your school
- Tailored media campaigns targeting both local and national media outlets
- Recognition on our website and in other promotional informational
- Invitations to join Webinar education and follow-up sessions (free of charge)
- Group booking discounts for your students (for 5 or more referrals)
- Assistance to access scholarships for students who may not otherwise be able to participate
- Possible nomination for Partner School of the Year Award (national and international recognition, through the Quantum Learning Network)
- Testimonial rights on the Green SuperCamp® Australia website
- Priority access to Quantum Learning Network’s other school based accelerated learning programmes – for students and teachers
- Possible school partnerships with schools in USA, Bali, Singapore, Africa, South America and Europe through the Quantum Learning Network.
Our Programme Facilitators share a common point of inspiration…
to see young people thrive!
Each with a background in areas such as teaching, youth work, sport and recreation, arts, and media and drama, our Facilitation team are inspired by the difference they can make in young people’s lives.
They have a unique capacity to engage children, understand their needs, empower them and assist them to discover the truth of who they are and create a life they love. They are also incredibly committed to supporting teachers and schools to powerfully engage children, in a way that creates better outcome for children and greater satisfaction for teachers.
You can change children’s lives with powerful words from the heart
that let them know you “get” them
Heather Yelland and several other members of the Elevate Children team are also great speakers.
Regularly appearing at the Magic Moments National Youth and Business Summit, the StepUp Foundation Youth Training events, schools and youth forums, our team know how to speak in a way that engages and inspires young people, as well as their families and teachers.
Dynamic presentations about the real issues and raw topics with which young people are dealing, is at the core of what we do. These include:
- Personal leadership – leading from the inside out
- Talking that works – communicating for success
- Choosing the path – making choices about building a great life
- Tapping into courage – dealing with anxiety, depression, self-harm and suicide
- Getting tight – creating great relationships that last
- What the….who are you? – the difference between young men’s and women’s brains
- Talking love – the “Love Glasses” and how you see life
- Getting my value – understanding values and how to live in alignment with them
If you’d like to know more about any of our services to children, young people and schools, please connect with us and someone from our team will contact you.